Monday, February 13, 2012

Barber Shop Door and Chair - #17

I built this barber door and chair for my friend, Susan, who has been cutting my hair for the last 20 years or so.  The door is balsa.  The awning is a fine woven fabric that I glued to a balsa frame before soaking it with super glueand painting it and hand lettering the name.  The barber pole and chair are carved from modeling foam. 

The "OPEN" sign I printed on the computer and it hangs from a nail in the door.  It has "CLOSED" on the back side and can be flipped around.

The scissors are just cut from ABS plastic sheet and paint detailed.


4 comments:

  1. Hi I want a barber shop door... do you make any to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you in Ann Arbor? Can you contact me if you would be interested in making one to sell me? I'd be looking for one for Arcade Barbers in the Nickels Arcade in Ann Arbor...gift for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen. Yes I will make them on commission. I am in Dearborn. You can e-mail me at jaransont3@comcast.net and we can discuss details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I did email you some time back but did not hear a response back from you. I have forwarded your email to my friend Tiffany, the owner of Arcade Barbers. She will likely be contacting yo. Thank you!

      Delete